Escargots - Anthony Bourdain's Recipe
- 24 Snails - find the best canned you can find
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Head Garlic, peeled and separated
- 1 oz Flat Parsley
- 4 ozs Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Baguette - for dipping!
1. In the small sauté pan, combine the snails, shallot, and white wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, then drain and set the snails aside. I know, I know—they’re ugly. But they’re good. Hang in there.
2. In the food processor, combine the garlic and parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Add the butter and process until the mixture is a smooth, green paste. Season with salt and pepper.
3. If you have snail shells, place a snail in each shell and then stuff the remaining space inside with the parsley butter.
4. If you have the snails in shells, ready to go, simply preheat the oven to broil, place the snails in a baking dish, and broil until the butter is sizzling. Serve immediately with the bread.
5. If you have no shells, you can line a clean sauté pan with the baguette slices, add the parsley butter, and melt over high heat. When the butter is liquefied, add the snails. As soon as the butter is sizzling, remove from the heat and serve immediately.